Something about me.
I am Jong-Hyouk Lee. I love my wife who has a childlike innocence and my two little sons - Jangwoo and Hyunwoo, so I have got to take care of my family in all my life, but I have not yet been firm on my legs. I received my B.S. degree in Information System Engineering from Daejeon University in 2004 and carried the M.S. and Ph.D. work in Computer Engineering under Prof. Tai-Myoung Chung at Sungkyunkwan University, Korea (M.S., 2007; Ph.D., 2010). In 2009, I joined the project team IMARA at INRIA in France, where I undertook the protocol design and implementation for IPv6 vehicular (ITS) communication and security. I started my academic profession at the Network, Security, and Multimedia (RSM) Department of TELECOM Bretagne, France in 2012 as an Assistant Professor. In September 2013, I moved to Sangmyung University, Korea. In March 2020, I joined the Department of Computer and Information Security, Sejong University as an Associate Professor. I’m involved in standardization activities at the ISO TC204 WG16, ETSI TC ITS, and IETF. I twice received Excellent Research Awards from the School of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea. I won the Best Paper Award at the IEEE WiMob 2012 and received the 2015 Best Land Transportation Paper Award from the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society. In November 2014, I was selected as the Young Researcher of the Month by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF). I received the Haedong Young Scholar Award from Haedong Science and Culture Foundation in 2017, and IEEE Systems Journal Best Paper Award from IEEE Systems Council in 2018. I was a tutorial speaker at the IEEE WCNC 2013 and IEEE VTC 2014 Spring. I’m a general chair of Qshine 2016 and technical program chair of the IEEE ICCE 2017 and IEEE ICCE 2018. I’m a senior member of the IEEE. I’m an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics and IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine. I’m an author of the following Internet Standards: IETF RFC 8127, 8191, and 8691. Research interests include protocol engineering, malware analysis, and blockchain.
- Associate Professor, Sejong University, Korea, 2020 - Present
- Associate Professor, Sangmyung Universtiy, Korea, 2019 - 2020
- Assistant Professor, Sangmyung Universtiy, Korea, 2013 - 2019
- Assistant Professor, TELECOM Bretagne, France, 2012 - 2013
- Researcher, INRIA, France, 2009 - 2012
I’m involved in the following professional editorial services.
- Editor in Chief, International Journal of Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (Inderscience, ISSN: 1748-569X, 2016/01 - present)
- Associate Editor, Security and Communication Networks (Hindawi, ISSN: 1939-0114, 2010/07 - present)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics (IEEE, ISSN: 0098-3063, 2011/06 - present)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine (IEEE, ISSN: 2162-2248, 2016/07 - present)
- Associate Editor, Annals of Telecommunications (Springer, ISSN: 0003-4347, 2014/02 - present)
- Associate Editor, ETRI Journal (Wiley, ISSN: 2233-7326, 2017/09 - present)
- Associate Editor, Security and Privacy (Wiley, ISSN: 2475-6725, 2017/09 - present)
- Associate Editor, Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks (MDPI, ISSN: 2224-2708, 2020/07 - present)
- Associate Editor, Telecom (MDPI, ISSN: 2673-4001, 2020/07 - present)